A downloadable Unreal Engine plugin for Windows
Create an optional, configurable, titled and logo'd setup front-end loader in which users can edit certain graphics and keyboard options, which will be saved across sessions. Can easily be extended with further functionality, if needed.
- Can be configured to be shown at game start automatically, or only if the user passes the command line parameter '-setup' along
- Decide the game title and logo in the Unreal Editor, and decide which setup options you want to show your users, in which order
- Graphics options include resolution, fullscreen/borderless/windowed mode, vsync, display monitor and various rendering quality sliders
- Keyboard options include a quick QWERTY<->AZERTY button and the ability to reassign keys and mouse buttons for axes and actions
- Functionality split between an editor and a game startup element. Set up your basic UI options and look in the editor, then watch it appear when the game is run (as shown in the screenshots)
- Basic graphics options: Fullscreen/borderless/windowed, resolution, VSync
- Graphics quality options for performance tweaking
- Key remapping from project-assigned input keys/mouse buttons, supports most keyboard keys and mouse buttons
- Settings are saved on disk and re-applied on game start
Important note: It seems Epic changed how PreLoadingScreen works in 4.22, and it doesn't seem to actually trigger before the loading screen any longer, the way it used to, so be aware of this. Now the game will pop up its window and then show the SetupUEr setup screen.
All my Unreal Engine 4 plugins are in maintenance mode. That means I'll update to new engine versions when I have time, but don't expect any new features to be added.
In order to download this Unreal Engine plugin you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $15 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.